What is OWOX BI Workspace
The Workspace is the main interface of the OWOX BI platform. After authorization, you land on this page and start working on the product. First, we suggest you create your new Pipeline, then Streaming, and finally, Transformations.
After setting up everything you need in the OWOX BI, on the workspace you will find all Fully-managed pipelines, Streaming, and Transformations in your OWOX BI project.
How it works
Here you can choose one of two views: Diagram and List. The Diagram view is opening by default. Use this switcher to change the Workspace view.
The Diagram view presents an automatically generated diagram that visualizes the interactive data flow of your project items. This provides a comprehensive overview of your project, allowing you to easily identify and troubleshoot any issues that may arise.
Data flow elements
Depending on the list of configured Fully-managed pipelines, the diagram shows the following elements:
- Blocks with an advertising service icon and the name;
- Blocks with a Google Analytics icon and a Web Property name, where costs are imported;
- Blocks with a Google BigQuery icon and the project's and dataset's names.
- Blocks with the Web Property name specified in the hit streaming settings.
- Blocks with the Pipeline title.
- Blocks with the Streaming title.
- Blocks with the Transformation title.
Data flow types
OWOX BI Workspace (beta version) shows data flow from ad services. Elements in the diagram are connected by arrows that indicate the direction of data flow.
- Cost data import to Google Analytics.
- Cost data import to Google BigQuery.
- Cost data import from Google Analytics to Google BigQuery and cost data transformation into a unified table 'CostData_'.
- Website hit streaming to ‘streaming_’ tables in Google BigQuery.
- Transformations for combining hits in a session (tables ‘sessions_’).
- Transformations for attributing costs to the session level and 'Cross-device sessions' transformation.
- Build your custom data flow with multiple transformations from raw data to prepared analytics-ready datamarts. Here you can see an example in the screenshot below:
Other diagram features
- Scrolling and scaling the diagram.
- Displaying entities' statuses.
- Opening Pipelines, Streaming, and Transformations from the Workspace page. Hover over a block and click the 'Open' button.
- All blocks on the diagram are clickable. Click on a block to highlight the entire data chain.
- Some blocks may be repeated on the Workspace diagram to show you the actual and correct data flow. For example, Google BigQuery dataset with 'owoxbi_sessions_' tables.
In the List view, you'll find three sections: Pipelines, Streaming, and Transformations. Each section contains a table that displays detailed information in columns.
List of Pipelines
The list of Pipelines contains the info below:
- Title of the Pipeline;
- Last activity;
List of Streams
The list of Streams contains the info below:
- Title of the Streaming;
- Last activity;
List of Transformations
The list of Transformations contains the info below:
- Title of the Transformation;
- Last run type;
- Last run time;
- Last run status.
By clicking on any row in the list, you can effortlessly access the dedicated details page for the selected Pipeline, Streaming, or Transformation configuration. This streamlined workflow allows for effective troubleshooting, optimization, and management.