Welcome to the OWOX BI Transformation guide, which helps you to set up all features and get analytics-ready data for your reports.
OWOX BI Transformation is a self-service analytics tool to automate routine tasks of preparing and updating data for reporting. Use prebuilt SQL transformations or create your own to achieve any kind of analytics challenges.
Data analysts can use the OWOX BI Transformation to:
- Blend cost data across all channels;
- Get merged session from raw data (hits or events);
- Build a single cross-device user profile;
- Get user type (new or returning);
- Attribute ad cost to a session;
- Calculate attribution models such as Last-click, Fist-click, U-shape, the algorithmic Funnel Based, and custom models;
- And more…
Why you should build your own solution with OWOX BI Transformation:
- Write your own SQL-based Transformations.
- Split multi-line SQL code into separate Operations and reduce the complexity of your data preparation process.
- Use variables for date ranges, projects/datasets/tables names, etc. That speeds up your efficiency.
- Get up-to-date data for your reports without headaches by using the auto-run triggers: by time or by dependency.
- Clear and helpful history log. You can monitor data processing at any time.
- Track how data moves and transforms in analyst-friendly UI (OWOX BI Workspace).
- Templates gallery with pre-build Transformations.
Getting started requirements
- You are using the Google Cloud Platform and have an active project (how to set up GCP).
- The data you will work with is stored in Google BigQuery.
- You have access to this data as BigQuery Admin or BigQuery Data Owner in order to share access to the OWOX BI service account (how to share access).
- OWOX BI Transformation is available in your plan. If you don't see the Transformation in the OWOX BI interface, write to your OWOX manager (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Transformations and Operations
In the OWOX BI interface, you can create Transformations and Operations (inside of Transformation).
A Transformation is a set of one or more Operations grouped by common logic. You can run a Transformation manually or set up triggers for autoruns. Running a Transformation executes the Operation code in the order you specify.
An Operation is a SQL code snippet saved in the editor. This SQL code executes with the Google BigQuery API when the Transformation runs. The query result will be saved to a new or existing table in Google BigQuery. Read more in the article Create and run transformations.
Terms of Usage