Potential sources of data discrepancies
- Settings in GTM for OWOX Streaming and GA4 (tag activation rules should be identical). Also, make sure that all custom tags used for event tracking in GA4 are duplicated in OWOX Streaming.
- Settings related to Content Security Policy on the client side.
- Configuration of the Referral Exclusion List.
- Custom settings that can be in GA4 and may have been forgotten during migration to OWOX Data Streams - filters, time settings, etc.
- Using the Measurement Protocol: if you are sending data to GA4 via MP, it should also send data to OWOX Streaming, at our access point.
- Limit on the amount of data in GA4 BigQuery Export (1 million events per day according to the documentation). So far, this is still not working.
- Changing the time zone. When exporting, data is compiled for a resource over 24 hours, taking into account the time zone (documentation).
- Using Consent Mode. If a user accepts the Consent Mode setting, the event will be sent in OWOX Streaming, but without data on user IDs, the event will not be sent in GA4.
List of reasons for discrepancies between OWOX Streaming/Sessions & Interface.
- Application of sampling in the interface.
- Metrics for sessions/microconversions/conversions by Source/Medium.
- Number of events.
- Filters at the UI level.
- Use of Consent Mode. For example, if data processing consent is declined, events will be sent to the streaming (we will remove client_id values at the data collection level) without clientId. However, in the GA4 interface, this data will not be present.
- When using Google Signals, data is not displayed for a small sample, and there is no data in the interface at all. Also, if Google Signals are enabled in Google Analytics 4, user deduplication occurs.
|Where could be discrepancies||How to minimize||Why the diff is normal|