Quickly customize any report according to your needs, rename it, and save as favorite to reuse it later.
- All interactions with the report builder happen on the report page only
- Query input stays as a separate method of getting the reports. It’s now accessible only on the Smart Data main page
- You can change your custom report according to your needs, rename it, save to favorites, and reuse it later on
- Date range and Grouping can now be changed right on the report screen. The changes apply instantly, no additional clicks needed
How to create a custom report with the new report builder
- On the Smart Data main page, click Create custom report:
Note that the "Report builder" tab is no longer present above the query input field. Also, note that Google BigQuery access information is now above the query input field.
- On the empty report screen, select metrics and dimensions you want to see in the report:Metrics and dimensions are grouped by type, so it’d be easier for you to find the ones you need. Alternatively, you can use the search field above the list.
- In the report part of the screen, you can select the Sessions date range and Grouping for the report:
- Once you’ve selected the metrics, dimensions, and the date range, click Create report.
- That’s it. Your report is ready:
Using the tool panel above the report, you can adjust and export it:
- Alter the applied metrics and dimensions. To do it, click Edit report: the metrics/dimensions sidebar will open
- Change the Sessions date range and Grouping. Just change them as you like and the report will update automatically
- But note that if you have metrics/dimensions sidebar open at that moment, you need to click Update report for the changes to take effect
- Select how the report is visualized in the diagram
- Rename (by clicking on the report name) the report and save it to favorites or to a separate report set
- Export the report to Google Data Studio, Google Sheets, or as a .csv table
We sincerely hope these changes will make your work with the Smart Data reports easier and more enjoyable. Feel free to share your feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org. Meanwhile, we keep on upgrading Smart Data — watch the updates and see some new features soon :)