OWOX BI Workspace is now available for free in open beta status for any OWOX BI project. Feel free to share your feedback with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
About OWOX BI Workspace interface
The OWOX BI Workspace interface displays an interactive data flow diagram. This diagram is built automatically and visualizes all Fully-managed pipelines, Streaming, and Transformations in your OWOX BI project. Therefore, here you can get a complete overview of what is going on and see if there are any problems in your project.
Click on Workspace in the sidebar to open the diagram:
If you don't have a pipeline in your project yet, then you will see a message on this page.
Please, create your first Fully-managed Pipeline/Streaming or Transformation. Click on the 'New...' button and choose what you want to create.
Data flow elements
Depending on the list of configured Fully-managed pipelines, the diagram shows the following elements:
- Blocks with an advertising service icon and the name;
- Blocks with a Google Analytics icon and a Web Property name, where costs are imported;
- Blocks with a Google BigQuery icon and the name of the project and dataset.
- Blocks with the Web Property name specified in the hit streaming settings.
- Blocks with the Pipeline title.
- Blocks with the Streaming title.
- Blocks with the Transformation title.
Data flow types
OWOX BI Workspace (beta version) shows data flow from ad services. Elements in the diagram are connected by arrows that indicate the direction of data flow.
- Cost data import to Google Analytics.
- Cost data import to Google BigQuery.
- Cost data import from Google Analytics to Google BigQuery and cost data transformation into a unified table 'CostData_'.
- Website hit streaming to ‘streaming_’ tables in Google BigQuery.
- Transformations for combining hits in a session (tables ‘sessions_’).
- Transformations for attributing costs to the session level and 'Cross-device sessions' transformation.
- Build your custom data flow with multiple transformations from raw data to prepared analytics-ready datamarts. Here you can see an example in the screenshot below:
- Scrolling and scaling the diagram.
- Displaying entities' statuses.
- Opening Pipelines, Streaming, and Transformations from the Workspace page. Hover over an block and click the 'Open' button.
- All blocks on the diagram are clickable. Click on a block to highlight the entire data chain.
- Some blocks may be repeated on the Workspace diagram to show you the actual and correct data flow. For example, Google BigQuery dataset with 'owoxbi_sessions_' tables.
Which OWOX BI users can access Workspace
The data flow diagram in the OWOX BI Workspace interface is available in open beta for all OWOX BI projects without restrictions.