To work with a pipeline from Facebook, you need to grant OWOX BI access to your ad account data. It enables OWOX BI to upload ad costs from Facebook to Google BigQuery automatically and regularly.
From this article, you will learn what type of Facebook account and access level is needed to create the Facebook → Google BigQuery pipeline.
Facebook accounts and permissions overview
Facebook offers its users several types of accounts:
- personal account;
- Business Manager account, including an advertising account.
A personal account is managed by a single person, while a business account (Business Manager) implies collaborative management. Business Manager uses a 2-layer permission system that is based on accesses and roles. This allows you to flexibly manage user access to your company on Facebook.
Requirements for a Facebook account to create a pipeline
To grant OWOX BI access to an advertising account on Facebook, you must have a valid Facebook account with a sufficient access level to the ad account. These are cases when:
- You are an owner of an ad account. In this case, you have Admin access by default. To grant OWOX BI access, use the credentials of either your personal or advertising account.
- You are granted Admin access in Business Manager, where the ad account is created. To grant OWOX BI access, use the credentials of either your personal or advertising account.
- You are granted Employee access in Business Manager and Admin access to the ad account. To grant OWOX BI access, use the credentials of either your personal or advertising account.
- You are granted the Ad account admin role in another user’s ad account. To grant OWOX BI access, use the credentials of your personal Facebook account.
How to grant OWOX BI access to an ad account
If you manage several ad accounts using different credentials
Note, if you’re already logged in to your ad account in a browser, granting access to this account will be performed automatically. To access a different account, you will need to log out from the current Facebook account in this browser first, then log in to the required one.
Alternatively, you can use the Incognito mode of the browser. It doesn’t store the site form data, therefore, you’ll be able to log in to the needed account without extra actions on your side.