What is The start date of data import?
The start date of data import option determines when OWOX BI Pipeline should start importing the data from an advertising service to Google BigQuery. You can specify the start date either during creating a new pipeline or by editing the already existing pipeline settings.
When a new pipeline is created, The start date of data import is set to the current date by default. You can change the default value to either a past or a future date.
Please note that some limitations are applied to the historical data import. You can check them below.
Data import for the past dates
If you specify a past date for The start date of data import option, OWOX BI Pipeline will import the historical data to Google BigQuery. Yet, the following limitations are applied:
- For the Yandex.Market → Google BigQuery pipeline, OWOX BI imports data for the last 30 days.
- For the pipelines from Facebook Ads / LinkedIn / Yandex.Direct to Google BigQuery, The start date of data import should be not later than the 1st day of the previous month.
If you need data that covers a longer period, contact our Support at email@example.com. Please note that this service is not included in your regular subscription fee and will be charged additionally.
- For the pipelines from other ad services to Google BigQuery, the max period of historical data import depends on your subscription
- if you’re subscribed to the Marketing Data, Reports & Attribution, or Enterprise Plan, OWOX BI imports data for the last 6 months;
- if you're subscribed to the Start Plan, the Service imports data for the last 2 months.
Data import starting from a future date
If you specify a future date for The start date of data import option, OWOX BI Pipeline will start importing the data only when this date comes. No data will be imported before the specified date.
Changing The start date of data import for the already existing pipeline
At any time, you can edit The start date of data import for the already existing pipelines. To do it, navigate your OWOX BI project: List of pipelines > Open selected pipeline > Settings.
OWOX BI Pipeline will upload the missing data for the specified period if you change the current value to a past date.
If you change the current value to a future date, OWOX BI Pipeline will stop importing the data until the specified date. The already imported data will be preserved.
The field Start date of data import becomes disabled in your pipeline settings after the maximum period of historical data import, determined for this particular pipeline or by your subscription plan, ends.
Editing of the start date of data import is not supported for the Facebook Ads / Yandex.Direct / LinkedIn → Google BigQuery integrations. If you need to set a different date, you should create your pipeline anew.
Note, there is a limitation on historical data import from the given ad services.