Important!Our service will not, under any circumstance, take any action for changing the settings of your account, campaigns, or banners.
If you notice any suspicious activity in your account, we recommend that you change the password for your account and update the access to the ad service in OWOX BI so that your pipeline works properly. If the password is changed, the pipeline is blocked until the access is updated.
Google BigQuery user permission
Before setting up the cost data pipeline into Google BigQuery (a cloud data storage), you need to check that:
- You have created a Google Cloud Platform project.
- Your Google account has access to the data in Google BigQuery. You can check user permissions by following this link.
If your Google account has the BigQuery Data Editor and BigQuery User roles, then everything is fine.
If the list doesn't contain your Google account or the roles are not assigned, add a new user to a GCP project and set up the required positions.
Also, you need to grant OWOX BI access to your Google account with the scope to view and manage your data in Google BigQuery.
Advertising platform user permission
For most of the advertising platforms, OWOX BI needs the read-only scope of access. With it, we can correctly collect the statistics and information about link tagging in your ads. However, not all advertising services have the read data access level, for instance:
- Facebook. The platform has some restrictions on data reading, so we require a different access level. OWOX BI requests the ads_management permission to import the raw data from Facebook into Google BigQuery.
- Yandex.Direct. To import data from Yandex.Direct ad account, you need to have the Representative role or higher in that account.
Note, there are no Read or Edit permissions in Yandex.Direct to provide them separately. OWOX BI will be granted all the permissions under the given role.
- VKontakte. To import data from VK.com, OWOX BI requires Admin permissions.
- LinkedIn. The LinkedIn API manages the access permissions through the Products. Each Product has a preset list of permissions that are determined by LinkedIn and cannot be changed by the 3rd party applications. To import data from your LinkedIn ad account, OWOX BI uses the Marketing Developer Platform and Share on LinkedIn Products and will be granted all the permissions under the given Products. Otherwise, OWOX BI cannot fetch the required data for a comprehensive analysis of your ad costs.
Please take a look at the examples of Grant access pages below: