The following article is valid for the Google Analytics Cost Data → Google BigQuery pipelines within the cost data import scheme GA_NATIVE_PLUS_GBQ.
OWOX BI allows calculating the session cost based on the next data:
- a user behavior data collected via the Google Analytics User Behavior Data → Google BigQuery pipeline into owoxbi_sessions tables;
- cost data collected via the Google Analytics Cost Data → Google BigQuery pipelines into CostData_ tables.
To import the cost data into CostData_ tables, you should connect the required Ad platform → Google BigQuery pipelines with your Google Analytics Cost Data → Google BigQuery pipeline.
Please read the instructions below.
How to connect the pipelines
Method 1. Via the Cost Data pipeline settings
1. In your OWOX BI project, navigate to the Google Analytics Cost Data → Google BigQuery pipeline page:
2. Under the pipeline Settings tab, click Select pipelines:
3. Select the Ad service → Google BigQuery pipelines you want to connect with your Google Analytics Cost Data → Google BigQuery pipeline:
You can connect an unlimited number of pipelines, but no more than one pipeline per advertising account. If there are two or more pipelines created for the same ad account, you can select only one of them.
4. Click Save changes.
Method 2. Via a new pipeline creation funnel
Also, you can connect the pipelines while creating your new Ad service → Google BigQuery pipeline.
1. Start to create a new pipeline by following the required instructions.
2. At step 6, you will be suggested to connect your new pipeline with one or more Cost Data pipelines (see the screenshots below).
- If you have a single Cost Data pipeline in your OWOX BI project:
- If you have several Cost Data pipelines in your OWOX BI project:
That's it. The cost data collected via the connected Ad service → Google BigQuery pipelines is now recorded into CostData_ tables in Google BigQuery. Then the cost data is automatically uploaded to the session data tables and attributed per session.
Data that had been collected before you connected the pipelines, won't be uploaded to CostData_ tables.
If you need to import historical data, contact us at email@example.com.
How to change the settings
At any time, you can connect new pipelines or disconnect the existing ones. To do it, complete the actions below:
1. Navigate to the pipeline settings, then click Edit in the Connected ad cost data pipelines section.
2. In the opened pop-up, tick/untick the required pipelines and click Save changes.
OWOX BI updates both data imported to BigQuery via connected pipelines and data uploaded to CostData_ tables during a preset actualization period. Read more about data actualization in the Ad service → Google BigQuery and Google Analytics Cost Data → Google BigQuery pipelines.
The pipeline connection feature has open beta status. Due to this, some non-critical lags in the pipeline data upload and update are expected.
Historical data update
Updating historical data is a paid on-demand service. If you want to request one, contact Support at firstname.lastname@example.org.