Note:The Smart Data reports are available only for the Reports & Attribution and Enterprise subscription plans.
With Smart Data, get visualized reports on your raw data from Google BigQuery and export the reports to Google Data Studio and Google Sheets.
You just need to decide what metrics and dimensions you want to see in the report, then select the desired type of report and data range. Based on your choices, OWOX BI will generate an SQL request to the right data in BigQuery and provide you with a visualized report in the OWOX BI interface.
You can get a report using one of these three ways:
- Build a report in a human-friendly report builder
- Input the query for the report manually, using natural language
- Select a report from suggested templates on the Smart Data main page and edit it for your needs using the report builder or query input
You can switch between the Query input and Report builder modes via the corresponding tabs in Smart Data:
All these methods interact with data in BigQuery in the same way, so a report made with the report builder can be easily edited in the query input mode, and vice versa.
The data you can build the reports on
For the reports, you need data collected to the BigQuery tables having certain data schema:
- Website user behavior data, collected via OWOX BI Pipeline or using BigQuery Export for Google Analytics 360
- Call tracking data from a service integrated with OWOX BI Pipeline
- Transactions data from your CRM system
- Attribution model data from OWOX BI Attribution
Before using this BigQuery data in OWOX BI Smart Data, you need to bring the sources you need together in a Smart Data source set.
How to get a report in the report builder
The report builder is a fast and convenient way to get a report in OWOX BI. If you a newcomer to OWOX BI Smart Data, we recommend using the builder to make your first reports.
Here’s how it works.
1. Go to Smart Data and click on the Report builder tab above the query input field:
2. Choose metrics and dimensions you want to build a report upon — find the data category you need (for example, "Session") and check the metric you want to include in the report. You can choose more than one value in each column and category. You can also quickly find the exact metric and dimension by filtering it by name:
You can see on the get-go which metrics and dimensions can and can't be used to build a report. If there is a "three dots" icon next to a metric or dimension, then the active data source set has the right data to build the report.
Even without the data, you still can construct the report, and then Smart Data will let you know what data you need to add in order to successfully build the report.
3. You can specify the Date range within which the report will be built and the Slice to visualize it on the diagram (by days, weeks, or months):
4. When all report parameters are set up, click Get report. The Clear all button resets all settings.
The resulted report can be altered by changing the settings in the builder after clicking on the Edit field:
Tip: After getting a report via report builder, you can switch to the Query input tab and edit the metrics and parameters staying within the context of the current report.
How does the text query input work
Query input is a standard way to get a report in Smart Data. To find the report you need, just start typing in the metric or a dimension, then select one of the suggested queries:
You can edit the selected query: change, add or remove metrics and dimensions, select data range, slice, and additional parameters.
To add a metric or a dimension to your report, just add "and" then type them in:
We recommend using the query input method for searching metrics and dimensions in case you’re not sure how they’re called in OWOX BI.
Query input is also a convenient tool if you need to make quick edits in the report you’ve made in the builder, without getting out of the context of the report.