Note:The Smart Data reports are available only for the Reports & Attribution and Enterprise subscription plans.
With Smart Data, get visualized reports on your raw data from Google BigQuery and export the reports to Google Data Studio and Google Sheets.
You just need to decide what metrics and dimensions you want to see in the report, then select the desired type of report and data range. Based on your choices, OWOX BI will generate an SQL request to the right data in BigQuery and provide you with a visualized report in the OWOX BI interface.
You can get a report using one of these three ways:
- Build a report in an easy-to-use report builder
- Input the query for the report manually, inputting it in natural language
- Select a ready-made report from suggested templates on the Smart Data main page
The data you can build the reports on
For the reports, you need data collected to the BigQuery tables having certain data schema:
- Website user behavior data, collected via OWOX BI Pipeline or using BigQuery Export for Google Analytics 360
- Call tracking data from a service integrated with OWOX BI Pipeline
- Ad cost data from Google Analytics
- Email campaign data
- Transactions data from your CRM system
- Attribution model data from OWOX BI Attribution
- Custom events data
Before using this BigQuery data in OWOX BI Smart Data, you need to bring the sources you need together in a Smart Data source set.
How to get a report in the report builder
The report builder is a fast and convenient way to get a report in OWOX BI. We recommend using the builder to make your first reports.
Note, that you can't create attribution data reports and ROPO reports with the builder — you need to use the query input field only to build them.
Here’s how it works.
- On the Smart Data main page, click Create custom report:
Note that the "Report builder" tab is no longer present above the query input field. Also, note that Google BigQuery access information is now above the query input field.
- On the empty report screen, select metrics and dimensions you want to see in the report:Metrics and dimensions are grouped by type, so it’d be easier for you to find the ones you need. Alternatively, you can use the search field above the list.
You can quickly view in a separate menu all the metrics and dimensions selected for the report:
In this menu, you can quickly view what metrics and dimensions are used for the current report, view their data sources, and remove the definitions you don't want to see in the current report.
- In the report part of the screen, you can select the Sessions date range and Grouping for the report:
- Once you’ve selected the metrics, dimensions, and the date range, click Create report.
- That’s it. Your report is ready:
Using the tool panel above the report, you can adjust and export it:
- Alter the applied metrics and dimensions. To do it, click Edit report: the metrics/dimensions sidebar will open
- Change the Sessions date range and Grouping. Just change them as you like and the report will update automatically
- But note that if you have metrics/dimensions sidebar open at that moment, you need to click Update report for the changes to take effect
- Select how the report is visualized in the diagram
- Rename (by clicking on the report name) the report and save it to favorites or to a separate report set
- Export the report to Google Data Studio, Google Sheets, or as a .csv table
How does the text query input work
Using the query input field you can build a new report or find an existing report template. Just start typing in the metric or a dimension, then select one of the suggested queries:
You can edit the selected query: change, add or remove metrics and dimensions, select data range, slice, and additional parameters.
After confirming the query, you'll get to the report page. You can use the report builder to adjust it as you see fit: alter metrics and dimensions, the date range and grouping.
Note, that you can't edit attribution data reports and ROPO reports with the builder — you need to use the query input field only to build them.
Break down report table row data by additional dimensions
Now you can quickly break down and filter out separate report rows by additional dimensions.
Select a row you want to explore further, click the breakdown button and select the dimension by which you want to break down the row data.
For example, in the "Revenue by traffic sources" report, you can first make a breakdown by medium:
The Medium dimension will be added to the table, and the table itself will be filtered by the selected row's Traffic source values:
Then, you can break down the data even further by selecting the row with the medium you want to explore (say, cpc) and adding a Campaign dimension:
The breakdown works for all the reports in Smart Data except the template attribution data reports.