To make use of the major part of the OWOX BI features, you need access to Google BigQuery, a cloud analytics storage. Read more in the article "Get access to the Google BigQuery storage in Google Cloud Platform."
In the current article, we outline what data and data sources you need to solve your tasks with OWOX BI.
Data and accesses needed for setting up automatic data export from advertising services
Data export to Google Analytics:
- Access to cost data in an ad service account or other ad sources in Google Analytics
Data export to Google BigQuery:
- Set up cost data export to Google Analytics (as described by the links above)
- Connected Google Analytics and Google Ads accounts for importing cost data for Google Campaigns
- Access to cost data from ad services to export directly
Data and accesses needed for setting up the collection of user behavior data to Google BigQuery
Provide OWOX BI with the access to:
- The Google Analytics view that collects data you want to collect to BigQuery
- The Google BigQuery project you want to collect data to
Data needed for building a Funnel-Based attribution model
Website user behavior data:
- Uploaded from Google Analytics to BigQuery via OWOX BI Pipeline or via BigQuery Export for Google Analytics 360. Additionally: connected Enhanced Ecommerce data considering these requirements
- Custom event data, collected to BigQuery manually
- Online ad costs uploaded to BigQuery via OWOX BI Pipeline
Relevant data on conversions:
Which of these sources are required to connect depends purely on the goals you set for building your attribution model.
More details are in the article "Data needed to work with OWOX BI Attribution."
Data needed for getting Smart Data reports based on your data in Google BigQuery
You can either build reports based on your OWOX BI Attribution model data or connect a BigQuery data source and get these reports:
User behavior reports
- Based on data uploaded from Google Analytics to Google BigQuery via OWOX BI Pipeline or BigQuery Export for Google Analytics 360
- Based on data from a call tracking system connected the Google Analytics User Behavior Data→Google BigQuery pipeline via the OWOX BI call tracking systems integration
Conversion reports (online, offline, ROPO: research online purchase offline)
- Based on conversion data from СRM that is uploaded to Google BigQuery
Note that in order to get some of the Smart Data reports, you need to provide OWOX BI with the access to more than one data source. For example, to get a ROPO report, you need two sources: 1) user behavior data and 2) transactions data from CRM.