Thank you for choosing OWOX BI! To make sure that you feel cozy while working with OWOX BI, we’ve gathered links to all the resources you’ll need.
We’re also reminding you that the Basic 0 plan lets you set up three types of pipelines in OWOX BI:
- Ad cost data import to Google Analytics
- Raw ad data export from Facebook and Yandex.Direct to Google BigQuery
- Data import from Google BigQuery to Google Analytics
First off, choose the pipeline that fits your business objectives the most, then follow the instructions below.
1. Ad cost data import to Google Analytics
To set up a pipeline for importing ad cost data, follow this video guide:
For more, check out these articles:
Cost data import: Check the settings in Google Analytics — to get your GA account ready for data import.
Cost data import: Run the automatic import — to import ad cost data from Facebook, Instagram, Yahoo, Bing Ads, and more.
Import costs from other sources — in case you need to import cost data from other sources.
Once you’ve set up the pipelines, you might want to see the imported cost data in Google Analytics. To do that, go to Google Analytics reports: Acquisition -> Campaigns -> Cost Analysis.
2. Raw ad data export from Facebook and Yandex.Direct to Google BigQuery
To import raw advertising data from Facebook or Yandex.Direct to Google BigQuery, follow the instructions in this article.
3. Data export from Google BigQuery to Google Analytics
If you need to upload data you store in Google BigQuery to Google Analytics, follow this guide.
To ensure the correct pipeline setup, see the query requirements.
Once everything’s ready to go, you’ll be able to upload additional data about products and ad campaigns for building more detailed reports with the information you need. You’ll also get to change the structure of imported data, custom dimensions name or account ids, without involving a developer.
Frequently asked questions (FAQ)
Below, we’ve organized the links with the answers to the most frequently asked questions. They may come in handy to troubleshoot possible issues with setting up the pipelines.
- Why do I see an import history in a newly created pipeline?
- Does OWOX BI support ads parameters in URLs?
- What does this error mean: "Failed to load costs for part of the ads because advertising service doesn't provide required information"?
- How to delete/pause a pipeline?
- Advertising service API limitations can block import execution
- What level of access to advertising services required to import costs?
- Possible pipeline and import statuses
- Why while creating a pipeline I'm asked to provide access to Google BigQuery?
- What would be the correct structure of pipelines to import all data?
- How to re-import data for the day when the data was unavailable?
- How long does it take to update the imports' statuses after a settings update?
- Is it possible to import costs for SEO?
- Is it possible to import cost data from Google Analytics to Google BigQuery?
About the data you import
- The start date of data import: features and limitations
- What data does OWOX BI upload to Google Analytics?
- What UTM tags are required for the correct data collection and cost import to Google Analytics?
- When the data will be available in Google Analytics?
- Can I filter cost data by custom campaigns from the advertising service?
- Why consider VAT in cost data import?
- How do you deal with the currencies conversion?
Costs analysis in Google Analytics
- Where in Google Analytics can I see the imported data?
- What are the possible reasons for data discrepancy in advertising services and Google Analytics?
- Why the currency in Google Analytics data differs from the ad services cost data currency?
- Will the ROAS differ in the views with and without filters?
- Why does the imported cost data in Google Analytics is lower than when displayed on Facebook?
- Carousel Ads and issues with cost data import
- What is the logic behind ad cost data import from Criteo to Google Analytics?
- Where can I get the Criteo API token?
- Why OWOX BI can't connect my Yandex.Direct account?
- At what rate are Yandex costs in "units" converted to the local currency in GA?
- I use another service to load some of campaigns. Will the configured import influence the data imported to the other service?
- Are the ad parameters supported in URLs?
- Is data import for Dynamic ads supported?
- Can I set up import on behalf of an agency account?
- I'm using the "light" Yandex.Direct interface and I have issues with data import
- Do I need to update the access after I change my password in Yandex?
- How to disable data access for the OWOX BI service?