If there is a discrepancy in Google Analytics and Streaming data in your project, please check that:
- In tags sequencing OWOX BI tag set to fire first.
- Google Analytics data collecting is set up using a tracker named «owox».
- Google Analytics Property ID has been specified in your Streaming tracking code.
- Fields specified at tracker creation time are set in a streaming tag.
Note:We recommend using customTask to integrate the OWOXBI tracking code via Google Tag Manager.
The reason for discrepancies may also be:
- Changing TimeZone property of linked Google Analytics web property after creating a pipeline.
- Changing the scope of custom dimensions used in session streaming settings.
- Too large hit payload size (more than 8 KB).
- Using the proxy server or firewall settings, which prevents sending data to some servers.
- Using of plug-ins for the browsers, which blocks sending data to Google Analytics.
- Lag differences between an initial action and logging a hit on each analytics service servers can lead to differences in counts. For instance, a user may click on a link to navigate elsewhere before the pageview has been sent or link click event is sent.
- A network may behave differently on the data transit route from its origin to a destination server.
- Google Analytics Collection Limits and Quotas.