Video: How to setup a cost data import pipeline from advertising services to Google Analytics
Create Google Analytics data set
Here's how to create a data set.
1. In the Admin section, select the account and property you want to import data to.
2. Select Data Import and click Create:
3. Select Data Set type as Cost Data:
4. Enter the Data Set Name and choose the Enabled Views. Cost data will be available only for the selected views:
Note:If you want to import your ad cost data to several views at once, you need to select these views while creating the data set.
Note that while creating an OWOX BI pipeline, you'll have to select only one Google Analytics view as the destination. If you have several views connected to one data set, the imported ad costs will appear in all the connected views but will be converted to the currency of the view you have selected during the pipeline creation.
5. Choose all the dimensions and metrics as shown in the screenshot:
The ad cost data imported via an OWOX BI pipeline won't be duplicated in your reports. Therefore, you're free to choose any import behavior you need.
Along with the default dimensions, our pipeline also imports these dimensions:
- Ad position
- Google Ads campaign ID
Check the currency settings
OWOX BI uploads cost data to your Google Analytics property converting the costs to the currency set in a Google Analytics View that you specify during the pipeline setup. Read more about automatic currency conversion here.
That's it. Once everything is checked, you can start creating the pipeline.