Video: How to setup a cost data import pipeline from advertising services to Google Analytics
Create Google Analytics data set
To store the imported cost data, you need to have at least one data set created in your Google Analytics property.
Here's how to create a data set.
- In the section Admin, select the account and web property for which you want to set up import
- Select Data Import and click + New Data Set
- Data Set type should be Cost Data
- Enter Name and choose Enabled Views. Cost data will be available only for the selected views.
5. Choose all dimensions and metrics as shown in the screenshot and set import behavior as Summation
Check the currency settings
OWOX BI uploads cost data to your Google Analytics property converting costs' currency set in the ad service into the currency set in a Google Analytics view that you specify during the pipeline setup.
You can change the currency in your Google Analytics view settings.
Before creating a cost data pipeline, consider these currency conversion details:
- If the currencies in your ad service account and Google Analytics view are different, the costs are automatically converted to the currency of the selected view using the Open Exchange Rates API, so you would have all your cost data in one currency.
- If the currency of your ad service and the currency of your GA view match, then the costs are uploaded without any conversions.
- The timezone is also synchronized with your GA view settings, so you have all the data data in the same timezone.
- The conversion from Yandex units to a Google Analytics view currency is described in this article.
That's it. Once everything is checked, you can start creating the pipeline.