The Funnel Based attribution model considers the mutual impact of advertising campaigns. This means that, setting goals and bid optimization based on the model data will help you achieve better overall marketing performance across all channels and not only individual campaigns.
After you set up the integration, data about campaigns value is automatically imported into bidding service on daily or weekly basis. This lets you see the data about campaigns performance (number of conversions and revenue) in bidding service and use it in automated bidding strategies.
Before you begin
- You've set up offline conversion tracking in AdWords.
- You've created a conversion action for which you'll import data from your funnel based attribution model. We recommend to keep conversion action in AdWords and the last step of the funnel in your attribution model similar or the same.
- On your attribution model page, open Results tab, enable data export to bidding services and select Google AdWords:
- Enter a name of the conversion action.
- Select currency of conversions.
- Copy the link you get:
- In your AdWords account, click the Tools tab, and select Conversions. If you're using a manager account, click Conversions in the menu on the left.
- In the menu on the left, click Uploads.
- Next to “Source,” select HTTPS, paste the URL:
- Click Upload and preview or Upload and apply.
Note that imported conversions can't be removed once they are imported, so we recommend to preview the imported data.
What data is imported
The link that you get in OWOX BI interface always provides a CSV file with data about performance of each GCLID, that was present in path of a conversions occurred during the last 30 days.
For example, if a user clicked on your ad more that 30 days ago, but converted within last 30 days, information about the click will be present in the file.
- Google Click ID — the GCLID that led to the conversion that occurred within last 30 days
- Conversion Time — the date and time that the conversion occurred
- Attributed Credit — the value assigned to the click
- Conversion Name — the name of the conversion action that you’d like to import this conversion for
- Conversion Value (available only for transactional models) — a number representing the value that you place on the conversion
- Conversion Currency (available only for transactional models) — the currency in which your conversion value is provided
The file also contains rows with Time zone and Attribution model name parameters.
Set up scheduled uploads
For regular uploads you need:
- Set up schedule of your attribution model calculations.
- In AdWords, check Schedule upload during import setup.
The feature has two options: Daily or Weekly uploads.
The first upload will import data for the last 30 days, the next uploads will add new data for the day or the week depending on the option you select.
- On your attribution model page, open Results tab, enable data export to bidding services and select K50:
- Copy the access token you get:
- Enter the token in K50 project settings.
- On your attribution model page, open Results tab, enable data export to bidding services and select Alytics:
- Copy the link you get:
- Enter the link in the settings of your Alytics project. For more details, see Alytics help center (Russian) or contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
The data will appear in Alytics the next day.