OWOX BI Attribution considers every user's step in the conversion funnel, how campaigns affect each other, clicks from different ad services, site visits from different devices, calls, offline purchases, and app conversions. Each Google Click ID gets its credit.
Integrating the calculation results of your OWOX BI Attribution model with the Google Ads bid management system, you can boost the efficiency of the ad channel, not just separate campaigns, and optimize your bid strategy in Google Ads considering data about the actual efficiency of your ads.
Your ad efficiency optimization system in Google Ads that works with Conversions will be getting real data on conversion share got from each click.
What you need to set up the integration
- Set up a model in OWOX BI Attribution and connect a conversion data source.
It's important that the last funnel step in your OWOX BI Attribution model must contain the same conversion action you previously sent to Google Ads using other methods. The actioncan be a transaction, filled forms on a website, offline events, calls, and others.
- Set up offline conversion tracking in your Google Ads account.
You should create or select a conversion action for which your attribution model will act as a data source. It's best that the conversion action to match the last step in your attribution model's funnel.
Note:If you are already sending conversion data to Google Ads using any method, then set up the integration only after you've turned off all other methods of sending the conversion data. Alternatively, you can exclude these data from the Conversions column in the conversion settings in Google Ads. Otherwise, the conversions will be duplicated.
- Go to your Google Ads account and activate the auto-tagging feature.
- Create in Google Ads a conversion action for which you are going to import data from OWOX BI Attribution. To do this, click the "tools" icon in the upper right corner of your account, then click Measurement → Conversions. As a conversions source, select Import:
Note: If you are tracking conversions in a manager account, then create the conversion action on a manager-account level and check if all the substitute accounts are using this manager account as a conversion account.
- In the Import tab, select Other data sources or CRMs, then Track conversions from clicks:
- In the conversion action settings, in the Values setting, select Use different values for each conversion:
- In the Conversion window settings, select the same period you have set in the Conversion window setting in your OWOX BI attribution model:
If you set the shorter period, Google Ads will miss some clicks with certain GCLID. Choosing a longer period will result in some sessions not to be included.
- In the Attribution model setting, select Use external attribution:
Read more about offline conversion tracking in Google Help.
Important: After you have set up the conversion action in Google Ads, wait 4-6 hours before exporting conversions from OWOX BI. Otherwise, Google Ads will display the error "The conversion action was created too recently." If you still see this error message, just try to export conversions from OWOX BI again later.
- Now, go to OWOX BI. On your attribution model page, open the Results tab, enable Data export to bidding services, and select Google Ads:
- Enter the Name of the conversion action from Google Ads. It must exactly match the one in Ads, including the letter register.
- Select the Currency of conversions. The currency must be the same as the one you use in Google Analytics property that is the data source for your attribution model in OWOX BI.
- Copy the Link for the bidding service settings you get.
- In the Google Ads account, click the "tools" icon, and select Conversions → Uploads, then the Schedules tab.
- Next to Source, select HTTPS, and paste the Link for the bidding service settings in the Source URL field. Then schedule time for data uploads:
Hint: To deliver the conversion data for the previous day to Google Ads as soon as possible, set the upload time to an hour after your set attribution model calculation time (the calculation usually takes up to 30 minutes).
- Click Save & preview.
Done! You've set up the OWOX BI integration with Google Ads' bid management system. Now you can track the efficiency of your ads according to your OWOX BI Attribution model and manage bids considering the actual efficiency of each Google Ads click.
What data is imported
The link that you get in OWOX BI interface always provides a CSV file with data about the performance of each GCLID that was present in the path of the conversions occurred during the last 30 days.
For example, if a user clicked on your ad more than 30 days ago, but converted within the last 30 days, information about the click will be present in the file.
- Google Click ID — the GCLID that led to the conversion that occurred within last 30 days
- Conversion Time — the date and time that the conversion occurred
- Attributed Credit — the value assigned to the click
- Conversion Name — the name of the conversion action that you’d like to import this conversion for
- Conversion Value (available only for transactional models) — a number representing the value that you place on the conversion
- Conversion Currency (available only for transactional models) — the currency in which your conversion value is provided
- Time zone
- Attribution model name