What is The start date of data import?
The start date of data import option determines when OWOX BI Pipeline should start importing the data from an advertising service to Google Analytics. You can specify the start date either during creating a new pipeline or by editing the already existing pipeline settings.
When a new pipeline is created, The start date of data import is set to the current date by default. You can change the default value to either a past or a future date.
Please note that some limitations are applied to the historical data import. You can check it below.
Data import for the past dates
If you specify a past date for The start date of data import option, OWOX BI Pipeline will import historical data to Google Analytics. Yet, the following limitations are applied:
- for the Yandex.Market —> Google Analytics pipeline, OWOX BI imports data for the last 30 days;
- for the LinkedIn → Google Analytics pipeline, the start date of data import should be not later than the 1st day of the previous month.
- for pipelines from other ad services to Google Analytics, the max period of historical data import depends on your subscription
- if you’re subscribed to the Marketing Data, Reports & Attribution, or Enterprise Plan, OWOX BI imports data for the last 6 months;
- if you're subscribed to the Start Plan, the Service imports data for the last 2 months.
Data import starting from a future date
If you specify a future date for The start date of data import option, OWOX BI Pipeline will start importing the data only when this date comes. No data will be imported before the specified date.
Changing The start date of data import for the already existing pipeline
At any time, you can edit The start date of data import for the already existing pipelines. To do it, navigate your OWOX BI project: List of pipelines > Open selected pipeline > Settings.
OWOX BI Pipeline will upload the missing data for the specified period if you change the current value to a past date.
If you change the current value to a future date, OWOX BI Pipeline will stop importing the data until the specified date. The already imported data will be preserved.
Read about the features and limitations of the start date of data import for Ad Services —> Google BigQuery pipelines.